CSS Transitions Parameter Details
- transition-property The specific CSS property whose value change needs to be transitioned (or) all, if all the transition able properties need to be transitioned.
- transition-duration The duration (or period) in seconds (s) or milliseconds (ms) over which the transition must take place.
- transition-timing-function A function that describes how the intermediate values during the transition are calculated. Commonly used values are ease, ease-in, ease-out, ease-in-out, linear, cubic-bezier(), steps(). More information about the various timing functions can be found in the W3C specs.
- transition-delay The amount of time that must have elapsed before the transition can start. Can be specified in seconds (s) or milliseconds (ms)
transition: background-color 1s;
This example will change the background color when the div hovers the background-color change will last 1 second.
The cubic-bezier function is a transition timing function that is often used for custom and smooth transitions.
transition-timing-function: cubic-bezier(0.1, 0.7, 1.0, 0.1);
The function takes four parameters:
cubic-bezier(P1_x, P1_y, P2_x, P2_y)
These parameters will be mapped to points that are part of a Bézier curve:
For CSS Bézier Curves, P0 and P3 are always in the same spot. P0 is at (0,0) and P3 is at (1,1), which means that the parameters passed to the cubic-bezier function can only be between 0 and 1.
If you pass parameters which aren't in this interval the function will default to a linear transition. Since cubic-bezier is the most flexible transition in CSS, you can translate all other transition timing function to
- linear: cubic-bezier(0,0,1,1)
- ease-in: cubic-bezier(0.42, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0)
- ease-out: cubic-bezier(0.0, 0.0, 0.58, 1.0)
- ease-in-out: cubic-bezier(0.42, 0.0, 0.58, 1.0)
border: 1px solid;
transition-property: height, width;
transition-duration: 1s, 500ms;
transition-delay: 0s, 1s;
- transition-property: Specifies the CSS properties the transition effect is for. In this case, the div will expand both horizontally and vertically when hovered.
- transition-duration: Specifies the length of time a transition takes to complete. In the above example, the height and width transitions will take 1 second and 500 milliseconds respectively.
- transition-timing-function: Specifies the speed curve of the transition effect. A linear value indicates the transition will have the same speed from start to finish.
- transition-delay: Specifies the amount of time needed to wait before the transition effect starts. In this case, the height will start transitioning immediately, whereas the width will wait 1 second.
ATutorialHub Related Guide
panduranga gupta2021-07-05 07:03:13
good website for learning and help me a lot
The awsome website i am looking like for a long time, good work atutorialhub team keep doing
Learning a lot from the courses present on atutorialhub. The courses are very well explained. Great experience
It is very helpful to students and easy to learn the concepts
Great job Tutorials are easy to understand Please make use of it
Zain Khan2021-09-18 15:07:23
Great content and customized courses.
Rudrakshi Bhatt2021-09-09 15:08:10
Well structured coursed and explained really well!
Pavana Somashekar2021-09-11 15:09:08
Good platform for beginners and learn a lot on this website