Getting started with SQL
SQL Version Short Name Standard Release Date
- 1986 SQL-86 ANSI X3.135-1986, ISO 9075:1987 1986-01-01
- 1989 SQL-89 ANSI X3.135-1989, ISO/IEC 9075:1989 1989-01-01
- 1992 SQL-92 ISO/IEC 9075:1992 1992-01-01
- 1999 SQL:1999 ISO/IEC 9075:1999 1999-12-16
- 2003 SQL:2003 ISO/IEC 9075:2003 2003-12-15
- 2006 SQL:2006 ISO/IEC 9075:2006 2006-06-01
- 2008 SQL:2008 ISO/IEC 9075:2008 2008-07-15
- 2011 SQL:2011 ISO/IEC 9075:2011 2011-12-15
- 2016 SQL:2016 ISO/IEC 9075:2016 2016-12-01
Structured Query Language (SQL) is a special-purpose programming language designed for managing data held in a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS). SQL-like languages can also be used in Relational Data Stream Management Systems (RDSMS), or in "not-only SQL" (NoSQL) databases.
SQL comprises of 3 major sub-languages:
1. Data Definition Language (DDL): to create and modify the structure of the database;
2. Data Manipulation Language (DML): to perform Read, Insert, Update and Delete operations on the data of the database;
3. Data Control Language (DCL): to control the access of the data stored in the database.
SQL article on Wikipedia
The core DML operations are Create, Read, Update and Delete (CRUD for short) which are performed by the statements INSERT, SELECT, UPDATE and DELETE.
There is also a (recently added) MERGE statement which can perform all 3 write operations (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE).
CRUD article on Wikipedia
Many SQL databases are implemented as client/server systems; the term "SQL server" describes such a database. At the same time, Microsoft makes a database that is named "SQL Server". While that database speaks a dialect of SQL, information specific to that database is not on topic in this tag but belongs into the SQL Server documentation.
ATutorialHub Related Guide
AWS Amazon EC2-Deploy a MERN Stack application to AWS Amazon EC2
Sea battle game only using HTML and CSS
panduranga gupta2021-07-05 07:03:13
good website for learning and help me a lot
The awsome website i am looking like for a long time, good work atutorialhub team keep doing
Learning a lot from the courses present on atutorialhub. The courses are very well explained. Great experience
It is very helpful to students and easy to learn the concepts
Great job Tutorials are easy to understand Please make use of it
Zain Khan2021-09-18 15:07:23
Great content and customized courses.
Rudrakshi Bhatt2021-09-09 15:08:10
Well structured coursed and explained really well!
Pavana Somashekar2021-09-11 15:09:08
Good platform for beginners and learn a lot on this website